Celebrity mom founder Jessica Alba, and fellow parent and friend Christopher Gavigan, dreamed up and recently launched The Honest Co.–a whole line of eco-friendly baby care and home cleaning products.
Their brand of products, ranging from diapers and wipes to shampoo/body wash and laundry detergent, is every eco-mom’s dream. They pride themselves with being able to offer everyday “mothering” items that are truly safe, sustainable, and stylish to boot!
The Honest Co. offers their products currently only via a MONTHLY subscription service:
- For $79.95 (plus shipping & handling), you can get the Diapers Bundle, which is a monthly supply of Honest diapers. For a limited time, they are also including a monthly supply of their Honest wipes with this bundle.
- For $35.95 (plus shipping & handling), you can get the Family Essentials Bundle, which is a selection of the most essential bath/skin and household products for your family.
You can sign up for a free Discovery Kit at honest.com to try out their products for free (just pay $4.95 for shipping & handling). They will ask you to create a “virtual nursery” with your kid’s information (boy/girl, age, weight) and use this to customize your first month’s supply of Honest products (you can then customize future monthly deliveries based on your needs). They give you seven days to try out the items in their Discovery Kit (containing a sample diapers kit–7 pieces, size 5 for mine, 10-count sample wipes, and trial sizes of their Essentials Kit–Shampoo & Body Wash, Face & Body Lotion, Hand Soap, Healing Balm, and Laundry Detergent).
After your trial period, they will ship your first month’s supply unless you cancel.
I’ve yet to try out the Discovery Kit completely, but so far, I am LOVING the whole branding and packaging of their products (savvy and stylish indeed!). I am liking the skull & bones diaper design for boys, as well as the soft scent of the Honest Hand Soap (in organic lemongrass).
For more information on The Honest Co. products and service, please visit their web site here.
Do leave us your thoughts on this line of eco-friendly products and their monthly subscription service. I am curious to see if moms would switch out of their existing diapers and wipes (and subscription service, if applicable) to give this brand of sustainable baby and family products a try.
- Jessica Alba Launches The Honest Company (celebritybabies.people.com)
- Honest.com Joins Zulily (savingminnesota.com)
- Jessica Alba Launches The Honest Company [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Alba keeps it ‘Honest’ with eco-friendly products (seattlepi.com)
- Jessica Alba’s latest role: business owner (money.cnn.com)
- Alba keeps it ‘Honest’ with eco-friendly products (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Alba keeps it ‘Honest’ with eco-friendly products (mysanantonio.com)
- Jessica Alba Launched a Diaper Delivery Service! (news.instyle.com)